Instructor: Mr. Mike Morgan ([email protected])
Automotive Services I (3 credits per semester, 2 semester course)
- Principles of Automotive Services- This course gives students an overview of the operating and general maintenance systems of the modern automobile. Students will be introduced to the safety and operation of equipment and tools used in the automotive industry. Students will study the maintenance and light repair of automotive systems. Also, this course gives students an overview of the electrical operating systems of the modern automobile. Students will be introduced to the safety and operation of equipment and tools used in the electrical diagnosis and repair in the automotive electrical industry. Students will study the fundamentals of electricity and automotive electronics.
- Brake Systems- This course gives students an in-depth study of vehicle electrical systems. Students will study the fundamentals of electricity and automotive electronics in various automotive systems. Additionally it teaches theory, service and repair of automotive braking systems. This course provides an overview of various mechanical brake systems used on today’s automobiles. This course will emphasize professional diagnosis and repair methods for brake systems
- Steering & Suspensions- This course will study driveline theory and in-car service procedures. Theory and overhaul procedures related to the driveshaft and axle assemblies for front and rear wheel drive vehicles are included as well. Additionally, this course teaches theory, service and repair of automotive steering and suspension systems. It provides an overview of various mechanical, power, and electrical steering and suspension systems used on today’s automobiles and will emphasize professional diagnosis and repair methods for steering and suspension systems.
Auto Services Excellence (ASE); NA3SA
Ivy Tech Dual Credit:
AUTI 100: Basic Automotive Service; AUTI 111: Electrical Systems I; AUTI 121: Brake Systems; AUTI 122: Steering and Suspension Systems; AUTI 145: Driveline Service
Automotive Services II- (3 credits per semester, 2 semester course)
- Automotive Service Capstone- This course further explores important skills and competencies within the Automotive Service Technology Pathway. Topics such as Steering & Suspension, Engine Repair, Climate Control, and Driveline Service. Additionally, Co-Op and Internship opportunities will be available for students.
Ivy Tech Dual Credit:
AUTI 141: Engine Fundamentals and Repair; AUTI 131:
Click on the links below to for more information on job descriptions and salary opportunities.
- Automotive Service Advisor
- Automotive Shop Office Worker
- Automotive Service Technician
- Service Manager
- Automotive Shop Owner
Click below for an interactive Auto Collision/Services experience: